When we go to conferences or off-site strategic retreats we want our thinking to be rocked, our passion to be lit, and our motivation to try new approaches be kicked in gear. That’s my aim in speaking and facilitating workshops, which I’ve been honored to do at events around the world for audiences of 1,000 people and for intimate teams of 15.
My highly-rated speeches and workshops wake people up and inspire them to see new possibilities in leadership, innovation, and professional and personal growth.
Free Your Rebel Thinkers, Future-Ready Your Organization
In today’s hyper-change environment leaders are grasping for ways to create high-performing organizations that are flexible, responsive, creative and innovative.
Rather than look to personality tests, industry rock stars and complex organizational change methodologies, there’s a better way and it cost nothing, except perhaps ruffling the egos of executives who think they know best: Find and empower the rebels inside the organization.
Based on original research of rebels in the workplace, Lois gives you an inside look at the value of rebel future thinkers and shares how to be a more effective rebel — and how to be a better manager of rebels.
In addition to her live presentations on this topic to association conferences and private client meetings, 75,000 people have viewed her rebel presentations on Slideshare.
- To see her presentations: go to Lois’ Slideshare page.
- To understand Lois’ personal rebel story, click here.
- To learn more about the rebel in the workplace movement she’s co-founded, go to Rebels at Work.
Free Your Rebel Spirit, Find Your Secret Superpowers
Super-smart, super-ambitious people find that this workshop “resets” their professional focus and helps them discover what they really want to achieve — and what is really holding them back. Surprises abound. Participants also learn useful tools and techniques to navigate organizational realities, which are always messy, particularly for those of us who have rebellious spirits, wanting to push through new ways faster than colleagues and bosses feel comfortable accepting.
By the end of the workshop each person has a personalized “Rebel Spirit Map,” a navigational plan for accomplishing more of what really matters, with less frustration and much more energy.
- Organizations that want to a creative, high-energy and dare I say “fun” way to help develop their creative, innovative talent.
- Leadership teams that want to build greater trust and reduce power silos. Especially valuable just prior to strategic planning sessions.
- Associations serving members in industries and professions undergoing significant change, and who want to provide a creative workshop that helps people discover and own their power to affect change that matters.
Messages that Matter: What it takes to believe your own marketing
Entrepreneurs start businesses because they feel passionate about how they can help customers in a unique way. Similarly people buy from business that they believe in, feel a connection to, that “get” what they need and want. So why is it so hard to come up with marketing messages, Web copy, and the dreaded elevator speech? Why is it so hard for customers to tell other potential customers about your business?
Join marketing strategist and author Lois Kelly for a hands-on marketing workshop where you’ll come away with:
- The most valuable and under-used “not-really-messages” messages that will attract customers, connect them to your business, and differentiate you from competitors.
- An understanding the scientific thinking style of your customers — which predicts their behavior — and how to adapt your marketing to appeal to that thinking style.
- A technique for assessing how strong your value proposition is — and how to put it on steroids.
- How to tap into the five universal human threats/rewards to overcome buyer resistance and increase the likelihood of buying.
- A realization that your rebel entrepreneurial spirit is your greatest marketing asset; and how to find the courage to apply the spirit to its max, even if it feels scary. (Scary increases likelihood of success.)
Note: this workshop is tailored to a group’s need. Can be a two-hour or half-day workshop.
Getting People to Yes
We marketers and corporate communicators tend to be some of the most innovative, creative thinkers in organizations. Yet what frustrates us in big ways and small is not being able to get buy-in to new ideas that we believe will make a difference to our customers and our organization’s success. Imagine if approvals came easier, adoption came faster, and obstacles were speed bumps instead of roadblocks.
In this two-hour, hands-on session I helps you see new ways to influence and communicate change, from getting internal approvals for our strategies to getting our customers and clients say, “yes.” You’ll come away with understanding:
- The five brain-based threats that trigger people to fight or flee new ideas, and how to create strategies that avoid the threats and activate reward responses.
- What’s really stopping you from succeeding? Uncovering the hidden assumption that’s secretly blocking you or your organization from doing what’s needed to accomplish important goals, based on Harvard educators Bob Keegan and Lisa Lahey’s Immunity to Change: How to Overcome and Unlock the Potential in Yourself and Your Organization.
- The nine communications message themes that capture interest and attention, and how to better use the one that is the super influencer – in all the ways we market and communicate.