What are the management secrets of successful CEOs? Geoffrey James interviewed the best of the best and found they share eight core beliefs. The full article is over at Inc Magazine. Here are the eight beliefs:
- Business is an ecosystem, not a battlefield.
- A company is a community, not a machine.
- Management is a service, not a control.
- My employees are my peers, not my children.
- Motivation comes from vision, not fear.
- Change equals growth, not pain.
- Technology offers empowerment, not automation.
- Work should be fun, not mere toil.
I like all these points, but #3, 4, 5 are my personal favorites. Yours?